- ▼ 2011 (11)
- ▼ June (2)
- ► May (3)
- ► April (1)
- ► March (1)
- ► February (2)
- ► January (2)
- ► 2010 (74)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (3)
- ► October (7)
- ► September (3)
- ► August (6)
- ► July (5)
- ► June (4)
- ► May (8)
- ► April (11)
- • HP, Palm and Bono
- • FaceCash - new kid in town
- • Market making versus shorting
- • Venture Capital - Money back versus positive return
- • Apple's share price revisited
- • Avoiding tricky valuations early on
- • Stock price correlations with reality
- • Cashing Out
- • Mobile Internet - has it landed?
- • Business models - a bare necessity
- • Google strikes again
- ► March (16)
- • Just a note
- • German migration
- • Are femtocells on way to the plateau of productivity
- • Amdocs acquires MX telecom: from business support systems to mobile payments
- • Participating preferred - where are we now
- • Is China a bubble?
- • Ubiquitious location - are we ready for consolidation?
- • Android powered gateway vs Android powered TV
- • Pull-up versus Pay-to-play
- • Financial innovation – shades of emerging and developed markets in mobile banking
- • Innovation - Bringing technology and finance together
- • Selecting growth over dilution
- • Venture capital in UK – where is it targeted?
- • Mobile healthcare - where are the potential winners
- • Marketing innovations - CoTweet targeted exactly
- • From Bach to Radiohead: key music developments in the last five years
- ► February (9)
- • India - a fight between VC and PE - maybe not...
- • The dilemma of financial management
- • IPO Anyone? - Part II
- • IPO Anyone?
- • Google, Cisco, Microsoft - and Apple?
- • Investec loan for Encore Ventures
- • Motorola integrates CPE and mobile divisions
- • Google acquires Aardvark - the simplest search
- • An impact of the financial crunch or is it here to stay?
A little bit about me
Hi. While this blog is a part of Seed Catalyst’s website, I realised over the initial few weeks that a lot of you are first introduced to the firm via the blog rather than our home page.
So to introduce myself - I’m a business consultant working with early stage technology firms to help streamline their strategy and go-to-market approach and support them for fund raising.
With this blog, I aim to capture key market trends that I see in the industry, the ecosystem and cross-plays in some of the more interesting and upcoming sectors, as well as cover interesting companies that I meet.
I will also be addressing vexing and interesting valuation and deal/term-sheet structures that would be of interest to technology start-ups at various stages of their growth.
So let’s get started...